Grant R. Mullen
Since 1984, Mr. Mullen has represented architects, engineers (design professionals), developers, contractors, subcontractors, material providers and businesses in construction related and private matters throughout California. His practice has expanded to include the representation of businesses and individuals in the areas of real estate (broker E & O), employment law, transportation, professional liability, general liability, environmental and automobile liability litigation.
Mr. Mullen has significant trial experience and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an invitation only national association of trial attorneys. Mr. Mullen is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell by his peers as preeminent in legal ability and ethical standards. Mr. Mullen has acted as an arbitrator and mediator and has been on the arbitrator/mediator panels for the Superior Courts of Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside and San Bernardino. He has presented seminars and has spoken on employment law ( harassment, discrimination and wage/hour issues), real estate broker E & O, insurance broker E & O, premises liability, automobile liability and mold and mildew claims and litigation.
Mr. Mullen obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from California Western School of Law, in San Diego, in 1983. He graduated in the top 5% of his class, was on the Dean's List and received American Jurisprudence awards in six (6) subjects. He graduated from the University of Utah in 1980, receiving his Bachelor of Arts degree in History. He was admitted to the California State Bar in December 1983.
Prior to joining Kring & Chung, Mr. Mullen was a partner and managed the Orange County office of a San Diego insurance defense firm. He also opened and was senior partner of his own law firm which specialized in insurance defense of businesses and individual in the areas of CGL, professional liability and general liability.
In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his family and enjoys fishing, golfing, reading and yard work.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Employment Law
- Insurance Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Real Estate
- Trucking, Crane & Rigging
- California, 1983
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. magna cum laude - 1983
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: American Jurisprudence awards in 6 subjects
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- B.A. cum laude - 1980
- Major: History
Honors and Awards
- AV rated – Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Superior Courts of Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside and San Bernardino, Arbitrator/Mediator (panel)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- Food Industry Risk Management Association (FIRMA)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member