Kenneth W. Chung
Kenneth W. Chung is experienced in both business litigation and business transactions. Mr. Chung's business law experience includes corporate, real estate, contract, intellectual property and employment issues. In addition to his skills as a transactional attorney, Mr. Chung's aggressive yet thoughtful approach to arbitrations and trials, has distinguished himself as a successful litigator and advocate, in both the courtroom and the office.
Mr. Chung counsels and represents a variety of businesses ranging from prestigious multi-national conglomerates to emerging private companies. He is proficient in negotiating and drafting a variety of business agreements including real estate contracts, distribution agreements, employment contracts, business alliance agreements, and various other types of contracts. He is also skilled and responsive in addressing a wide range of business needs and issues including risk management, corporate acquisitions & mergers, products liability, international legal issues, real estate transactions, employment issues, intellectual property disputes, false advertising claims, collections, and breach of contract matters.
Born in Seoul, Korea, Mr. Chung attended the University of California, Berkeley where he received his B.S. in Business Administration. He obtained his Juris Doctorate from the University of San Francisco and was admitted to the California bar in 1993. Mr. Chung was a member of the USF Law Review and served as an assistant instructor in both the USF School of Law and the USF Undergraduate School of Business.
Mr. Chung was the co-founder of the Orange County Korean American Bar Association in 2005 and has served as its past-president and Board of Director. He also serves as an Advisory Board Member for the Irvine Valley College Paralegal Department. He has been an actively licensed real estate broker since 1988 and a licensed real estate agent since 1986. Mr. Chung is proficient in the Korean language.
Mr. Chung has lectured on a number of topics to business owners including Preparing for and Avoiding Liability, Entity Formation Issues, Risk Management, and Compliance with California Harassment Laws. He has also authored many articles on topical legal issues for the business community. Through his dedication to providing excellent legal services on a cost-effective basis and his responsiveness to the needs of businesses, Mr. Chung continues to be a valuable legal resource to the business community.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Products Liability
- Real Estate
- California, 1993
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Assistant Instructor, USF School of Law
- Law Review: USF Law Review, Member
- University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, California
- Honors: Assistant Instructor, USF Undergraduate School of Business
- Major: Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers, 2011 - 2017
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2015 - 2016
- Orange Coast Magazine Top Attorney, 2013 and 2016
- Global Awards Winner, 2015
- Coast Magazine Top Attorney, 2015
- Orange County Register Metro Top Attorney, 2012 - 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
- Orange County Business Trial Lawyer's Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Irvine Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Asian Business Association of Orange County, Member
- Pacific West Association of Realtors, Member
- Orange County Korean American Bar Association, Co-Founder and President-Elect
- Irvine Valley College Paralegal Department, Advisory Board Member
- Department of Real Estate, Broker, 1988
- Department of Real Estate, Agent, 1986