California and Nevada Construction Attorneys
Kring & Chung is one of the most recognized construction litigation firms in California and Nevada well known for its knowledge of the construction industry and experience effectively protecting the interests of our clients. We have represented contractors in numerous types of public and private construction disputes.
Our clients include owners, general contractors, engineering contractors, subcontractors, design professionals, construction managers, school districts, public entities and construction product manufacturers.
We have successfully defended developers, subcontractors, design professionals and engineers against a multitude of design and construction defects claims. We have also successfully brought actions as plaintiffs for engineering contractors, school districts and owners.
Counseling Contractors and Engineers Engaged in Private and Public Works Projects
We also counsel contractors and engineers who deal with private and public works projects in such matters as bid protests, change orders, delay and acceleration claims, contract termination and payment issues.
Representing Public School Districts
Over the past few years, we have established expertise in representing public school districts in construction matters, including contract drafting and review, false claims, and construction defect litigation. Our firm has a unique niche practice in performance contracting. We are mindful of both the benefits and pitfalls of performance contracting. Our firm has recovered millions of dollars for local school districts in performance contracting litigation.
As with other practice areas at Kring & Chung, we apply our industry knowledge to add value to your enterprise. We combine our business expertise and litigation background to preserve your assets and reduce your exposure to risk.
Prompt Resolution of Construction Disputes
We recognize that our clients’ primary goal is to resolve disputes early and efficiently to avoid the expenses associated with prolonged litigation. However, if litigation and trial is required, we have attorneys with considerable trial experience. We have longstanding relationships with the best forensic experts in their respective fields.
Mediation, Arbitration or Litigation
We have familiarity with most construction mediators and arbitrators. We emphasize innovative negotiation skills and efficient dispute resolution techniques, balanced with the ability litigate and win complex construction cases. Where an informal resolution is not possible, we are fully prepared to take any case to trial.
Our construction services include:
- Public works construction disputes, change orders, bid protests differing site conditions and delay claims
- Public works contracting and litigation
- Construction defect and design defect litigation
- Payment disputes, mechanic’s liens, stop notices and construction bonds
- Breach of contract litigation
- Subcontractor non-performance disputes
- Public-private partnerships
- Drafting and review of construction contracts
- Public school construction
- Performance contracting issues
- Landslide soils movement and slope failure
- Crawford tenders
- Surety and indemnity claims
- Insurance coverage counseling- general liability wrap and design policies
- Mold litigation
- Leadership in energy and environmental design (LEED) counseling and contract analysis
- OSHA regulation compliance and defense against citations
- Catastrophic injuries
- Insurance coverage review
Call or email Kring & Chung Attorneys, LLP, to schedule a consultation regarding a construction defect claim or dispute.
International clients include Korean, Chinese, Canadian and Mexican businesses, to name a few. Korean language services are available.