Timothy J. Broussard
Timothy J. Broussard is a Partner of Kring & Chung, LLP in the Irvine office.
Since 1996, Mr. Broussard has represented various businesses throughout Southern California in all aspects of general liability and litigation. Over the past twelve years, he has offered his services to subcontractors and general contractors involved in construction disputes, contract analysis, litigation and water and mold related lawsuits. His practice has grown to provide a full range of services, including public works litigation, contract compliance, mechanic's liens, contract disputes, and prevailing wage disputes. Mr. Broussard also provides business consultation, general litigation and development of pre-litigation strategies for businesses throughout the construction industry.
Mr. Broussard offers representation to numerous businesses throughout Southern California involved in employment and labor disputes, including prevailing wage, DSLE compliance, wrongful termination and discrimination. Mr. Broussard also provides representation to commercial businesses in general litigation, including premises liability, slip and fall, fire and cause, and habitability issues.
Mr. Broussard obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Whittier Law School in Los Angeles in 1996. He graduated with departmental honors from the University of San Diego in 1992 receiving a Bachelors of Arts degree in Business Administration and minor in philosophy. He was admitted to the California State Bar in 1996 and a member of the Orange County Bar Association since 1997.
Prior to joining Kring & Chung, Mr. Broussard was an attorney with the law firm of Gilbert, Kelly, Crowley and Jennett specializing in all aspects of personal injury defense and insurance defense litigation. During that time, Mr. Broussard represented various insurance carriers and self-insured clients involved in personal injury, uninsured motorist actions, and premises liability. Some of Mr. Broussard's prior experience includes externships at the Department of Justice, State Attorney General (Los Angeles and San Diego) and judicial clerkships for Los Angeles County Superior Court before the Honorable David Workman.
Mr. Broussard has spoken as an expert at the Mold Litigation Seminar by Bridgeport, "Mold as It Relates to Construction Defects" in May 2000 in Irvine, California.
Areas Of Practice
- California, 1996
- Whittier College School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctor - 1996
- University of San Diego
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1992
- Honors: With Departmental Honors
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Philosophy
- The Accepted Work Doctrine: Dangerous Conditions Created by Contractors Do Not Necessarily Create liability to Third Parties, The Blueprint by CALPASC Magazine, Summer, 2007
- Speaker, "Mold as It Relates to Construction Defects", Mold Litigation Seminar, Irvine, California , 2000 to Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Gilbert, Kelly, Crowley and Jennett, Attorney
- State Attorney General (Los Angeles and San Diego), Extern, Department of Justice
- Los Angeles County Superior Court, Judicial Clerk