Kerri N. Polizzi is an Associate Attorney in our Irvine, California office. Her primary practice area is Employment Law. Ms. Polizzi specializes in providing advice and counsel to employers. In fact, she has become the Firm's go-to person for preparation of employee handbooks and related policies. As part of Ms. Polizzi's work for employers, she continues to explore business issues including regulatory compliance, privacy disclosures, and contract formation and enforcement.
Ms. Polizzi is also experienced in representing both employers and employees in all areas of employment litigation. Ms. Polizzi has successfully represented her clients in discrimination, harassment, wage and hour, wrongful termination, misclassification, and retaliation actions. Ms. Polizzi has represented her clients in matter before trial courts and governmental agencies, including the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH), the California Employment Development Department (EDD), the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal-OSHA), the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, and the California Department of Industrial Relations.
Prior to starting at Kring & Chung, LLP, Ms. Polizzi earned her Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law in 2017 with an emphasis in Business Law. In her first year at Chapman, Ms. Polizzi was awarded the Rutan & Tucker Golden Quill Award for the best legal brief for the Defendant based on an issue of disability accommodation in the workplace. Ms. Polizzi went on to serve as an article's editor for the Chapman Law Review, where her note was selected for publication. Upon graduation, she was selected by the faculty as a recipient of the National Order of Scribes Outstanding Law Graduate Award, an honor awarded to graduating students who demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and outstanding legal writing.
Prior to law school, Ms. Polizzi earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, magna cum laude, from San Diego State University, with an emphasis in Management. During her undergraduate career, Ms. Polizzi was welcomed as a member of five national and international honor societies.
Areas Of Practice
- Employment Law
- Business Litigation
- California, 2017
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2017
- Fowler School of Law, Chapman University, Orange, California
- Juris Doctor - 2017
- Honors: magna cum laude
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- Bachelor of Science - 2013
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Business Administration – Management
- How Long Do We Keep Fryeing?: The Future of Expert Scientific Evidence in California, 20 Chap. L. Rev 393 (2017)
Honors and Awards
- Rutan & Tucker Golden Quill Award
- National Order of Scribes Outstanding Law Graduate Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Property I & II, Contracts I, Legal Research and Writing II, Freedom and Rights in Israel I & II, Jewish Law, and Family Protection Clinic: Immigration
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Orange County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Orange County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Division